Custom Search

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Review of Seagate 1tb Expansion External Drive

Hello again. Today's post is going to be slightly different, no rant (yay!). I want to make full use of my blog and have a go at everything really, so as a student, I'm going to review something useful to students, particularly animation/illustration/art students or even ones that just love their games or have to write million page essays every week. The humble hard drive.
The Seagate 1tb Expansion External Drive is a pretty piece of equipment. It's sleek, black, and about the size of a modem so it sits happily on top of my hard drive. It's designed to be as simple as it can possibly be, so you just plug in and play, get all your image/word and music documents on it and watch the space on your OS: drive open right up.

Photobucket

I love how simple it is, it's good for people that aren't computer experts like me, but like to keep hold of every last image and photo they've gathered over the last three years or so. The box itself is beautiful and modern, but I must admit the plug feels a bit cheap. Not that I'm complaining, it's hardly a major gripe when it's the cheapest terabyte you'll be able to buy at the moment. I bought mine from Tesco for £59.97. It even provides protection from viruses and spyware, no manual installation required, just instant space. I like it.

1 comment: