Custom Search

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Girls' Night Out

I woke up this morning to OH screaming at me to get downstairs. I stumbled my way down to see him crouching at Rufus, Seamus and Marsh's bit of the Explorer, I was thinking 'Oh god...who's dead...'
Luckily that was not the case - one of the babies had escaped! I knew the boys cage was secure, but that was OH's first instinct that it was a boy.

He found his rubber mould for his talismans had been nibbled:



Turns out it was Shank - she'd managed to pull the middle cage door open and let herself out last night! It only took us a few minutes to catch her under the Explorer. I had no idea she could get down the back of the wardrobe that's next to it though!



Anyway, we put her back and did a head count....Lavender's gone!!! So we started searching down the back of sofas and into the other rooms. In the dining room we found this:







And after a brief search around the kitchen too, we headed back to the living room as I was convinced she wouldn't go too far. There she was behind the wardrobe in the dark! We tried coaxing her with food, I tried holding out Mimi for her since she likes her so much, but she didn't budge. I had to bring out the big guns.

Enter Rufus.

My big neutered hunk was too big to fit down the gap in the wardrobe, so I just had him sniff around the general area and lo and behold! Lavi came out within a few minutes!
Paul is worse off for it than I am I think! After spending 3 hours in the bathroom waiting for Rosie to come out last month, this was nothing! I knew they would be safe.

Just a good thing they didn't go for my computer wires!!!

Shanky's my little troublemaker. I think it's a sign that I neeeeeeed a Savic Royal Suite for the girls heheheh

No comments:

Post a Comment