Custom Search

Monday, December 06, 2010

Christmas is coming!

Most students at this time of year are really scraping the bottom of their bank accounts, it's only a month til new payments arrive but the most expensive holiday of the year is coming up!

I've come up with a couple of pretty simple ideas that I'll be implementing this Christmas myself, to see if I can cover everyone(who's important)'s presents.

- Take full advantage of penny auctions on eBay : I've already bagged a couple of pretty presents for family members, for a fraction of the price!

- Get creative! Craft little presents for friends and family. If you don't do clay modelling, knit something (very much appreciated in this weather!) or paint, create a very personalised Christmas card to make it extra special.

- Get the oven gloves on, and make some festive treats! This year I'm going to be using the fantastic recipes created on this site: http://allrecipes.co.uk/ to make Peppermint Creams, Fudges and Gingerbreads for my family (and myself!) and present them in cute little organza bags that you can buy very cheaply from eBay or craft shops!

It doesn't have to cost very much, and you can manage to include all the important people on your Christmas list. Will post about my attempts at baking when I get started (with pics!) so watch this space!

By the way, I've been looking at my stats and have noticed a teeny tiny trickle of traffic.....HI!!!! *waves* If you're reading this, please leave me a comment with a message saying..well, anything! If there's any topics you'd like me to write about, or if you want to see more rat related articles, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment